Topic: Masked Vias

Masked Vias
Is it possible to get vias covered with soldermask?
31/10/2012 10:02:18
Morten Lindhard Hedegaard
Aw: Masked Vias
Hi Morten,

of course it is possible to get covered vias. Please note as special instruction "cover vias" by ordering and we will proceed with this option.

Best regards

Your PCB-POOL Service Team
31/10/2012 10:21:00
PCB-POOL (R)  Service Team
Re: Aw: Masked Vias
Hi me again.
I just realised that it's only the "normal" vias I want masked.
But what would happen to those vias, I've put under some of the IC's (for thermal purposes).
I mean the IC's thermal pad has a mask of it's own.

I hope you can understand what I mean.

What I'm basicly asking is, if there a way to avoid masked via's that are located inside a masked pad?

Thanks a lot.
Morten Hedegaard
22/11/2012 15:14:06
Aw: Re: Aw: Masked Vias
Hi Morten,
If you require us to cover your via's with soldermask then we can do it. Just proceed as per the instructions on your previous post.
If you have placed some vias on IC pads then we cannot cover these in soldermask. They will be free of soldermask due to the presense of the IC soldermask pad.

I think this is what you are asking. If you are still unsure then send me you files by email and I will have a look at them for you. My email address is seamus.noonan@beta-layout.com

Best Regards
Seamus
26/11/2012 10:03:35
Beta LAYOUT Ltd Service Team
Re: Aw: Re: Aw: Masked Vias
This is exactly what i mean. Thanks for the info :)
26/11/2012 13:26:15
Masked Vias
Hi Morten!
My program(Sprint layout) can do it . If I use the menu point "Solder mask" all solderable points are clearly visible. If I put the cursor on top of a via, I can toggle it between cover and non-cover. I would not be surprised , if that could work with you too!
Regards
Steen Iversen
Denmark
24/06/2021 16:56:44
Steen Iversen